OK, so I have started my new lifestyle-using Weight Watchers and watching what I am eating. Well I always like to give myself a little treat now and then-not a crazy fat filled whole day-but a treat never the less. My favorite thing these days is frozen coffee-my favorite frozen coffee-McDonald's Mocha Frappe. This frappe is fantastic! So, I was like lets figure out how bad it rally is-its just frozen coffee right....wrong!
From McDonald's Website:
Ok so the Medium size
16 oz
Calories-560
Total fat-24g
Saturated(the bad stuff) 15g
carbs-78g
Sugars 70g
So Points Value??-13 points-more than a steak, potato with sour cream and veggies
Alright-so holy freaking cow!!
I can do better right?
Well they have a Carmel one too, since I have the ingredients for the Carmel I will make it-first will post that total-
Caramel Frappe
16 oz
550 Calories, 24 g of fat,15 Sat fat, 76 Carbs, and 71 Sugars
Amy's Frappe
Ok I started with Coffee(30 cal, 0),Vanilla Caramel Creamer(60 cal, 3 Fat), splenda added for sweetness-total so far-90 Calories-To this I added a no calorie, no fat, caramel syrup I found in the coffee isle-it smells awesome. So I poured this and ice into blender and several minutes later I had my Frappe-I then added whipped cream a whole 20 calories to top.
Lets compare-the taste by the way-mine was better and had more coffee taste. It did take me a few minutes-couldn't just drive through-but besides that I shaved-460 calories, 21 grams of fat, all of the sat fat and sugars. So, whats the deal?? Why does McDonald's say this is blended coffee-how the hell do they get 24 grams of fat in there? Caramel is fat free naturally-coffee is low cal and no fat-so my question is are they adding fat to something that could be just a tasty frozen treat-I think that the answer is YES!!
So, next shopping trip I am going to try to make me a Mocha one-have some ideas how to make it-without all the extra fat!!
How else do fast foods annoy me-they take something healthy-salad, chicken, etc and may it bad for you-I hope America wakes up and stops letting them get away with it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment