I have a Tween-he thinks he is 20 and acts like he is 4. Yesterday he decided that he didn't need to do the dishes-this is he one task other than his room that is a regular thing. Yes, I am mean and make my children clean up after themselves instead of doing it for them. I am evil in their eyes because of my normal parenting. I am a loyal home when the streetlights come on, do your homework, pick up your stuff, use yes mam/sir-no mam/sir, please/thank you, all that stuff. My kids always try the "so-and-so's parents", never works. anyway back to Tweeny Todd I will call him.
So he is a tween, 11 years old with a couple of slightly older Friends 12 and 15 to be exact. So, after he lost the "holiday-I don't have to do dishes" and started the dishwasher, he came into my room. I am a new user of My space and this Blogger space. He asks me-can I have a my space account. Let me see "not just no, but hell no!!", I have watched too many "To Catch a Predator" to want him to be available to crazy people. I politely say no-you are not old enough. My Hubby points out and you have to have an e-mail address. TT preceeds to scream about how we are always mean to him, how we never let him do anything, blah,blah,blah-many hormonal rages later. I calmly scream"Stop it, you are too young and you have no need for 1:e-mail and 2:my space pages. " TT still not believing that his once very "rug" of a mother has said no-begins to cry-yes ladies and gentlemen-cry! He was literally crying about having these things, so I said "exactly my point, you are not old enough". TT Leaves room and immediately starts a fight with my youngest son-Baby Boy as I will call him. Baby Boy is the middle child, but is mostly treated like the youngest due to his little impediments and the fact that his 14 month younger sister thinks she is his mom(wiping noses and everything). So,TT know who to set his hormonal outrage on. After Mini-Me goes and stops the fight, I was right behind her-helping when needed-but she for real had this!
A few minutes later a more confident and "adult acting" TT came to my room ans laid down a carefully thought out plan-so I shot him down and he left screaming again!
That was last night-I did try to set him all that up but as I and hubby had explained he was too young to have either site and we were absolutely not lieing about his age to get him one0he will have to wait until he is old enough. Then we come to this morning,yes the very first day of the new year and TT is in rare form. Upset that I had taken the opportunely to sleep in, it was 9 am I should have been up! Not taking into consideration that my Baby Dog had already been walked, feed, played with, I had emptied the dishwasher made MM and BB breakfast, and cleaned the nasty cat pans(eww, i hate this, cats stay outside during day when I am around-hubby has been off and refuses to 1:kick them out or 2:clean their mess-they are his cats!!), then when I saw the warm, comfy back of my beloved hubby, could not resist and climbed back in-well I was being lazy. Then TT had a thought-sleepy mom=dumb mom, I will ask her if I can do totally ridiculous things and she will say yes-NOT. My babysitter and friend up the street has two older boys-afford stated-they have been skateboarding since birth I believe. She and her husband built a totally awesome half-pike in their yard. TT wanted to ride it, TT has been skating for , let me see 2 weeks, I said no. He said i needed to let him grow up-this in itself brings the pissy out of me. Then he proceeds to tell me he is responsible, that I have to teach him how to blah,blah-I think he has missed that I have been doing that since birth. I am now in the kitchen-hubby disgruntled went to "office" to avoid interaction. I am still trying to explain all this to TT when he tells me, very venomously"I wish we had never moved here" followed by a "you made another mistake" followed by" I wish I lived with my grandparents", I felt the urge to beat him until he loves me, but he is considerably large and hard to handle so instead I said-That's nice honey-now I am going into my room.
When I was a single mother I would have caved, because it is so hard to have a backbone when they tell you how you have messed up, you feel guilty. Lately TT has been upset because he cannot get me backed into corners-I am right where I am supposed to be. They have a father and now they think twice, but TT is a tween and hormones are making his brain swell to the point he is becoming increasingly for a less pc way-retarded. Go me!! and I have how many more years of this? Followed by more years when BB and MM go trough it! I am so screwed! Hopefully I will not have a breakdown or heartattack.
No comments:
Post a Comment